UTUMISHI Job Opportunities at Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA)
On behalf of Centre for Agricultural Mechanization and Rural Technology (CAMARTEC) and Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority, (TCAA) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill Three (3) vacant posts as mentioned below;
THE CENTRE FOR AGRICULTURAL MECHANIZATION AND RURAL TECHNOLOGY (CAMARTEC)
Camartec is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Industry and Trade established by an Act of the Parliament of the United Republic of Tanzania in November 1981 with objectives of undertaking applied research and development promotion, adaptation and dissemination of appropriate technologies in the field of agricultural mechanization and rural technologies with the aim of improving the standard of living and reducing poverty
1.0.1 ENGINEER II (MECHANICAL): 1 POST
1.0.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- i. To design machine, plant or specialized plant for special purpose, equipment and plant modifications, and other items;
- ii. To prepare requisitions for procurement and replacement, overhaul, utilization and arrangement of the plant, equipment and Workshop tools;
- iii. To conduct capacity building, manpower development and training;
- iv. To prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports; and
- v. To perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
1.0.3 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution. The candidate must be registered by ERB as a graduate engineer.
1.0.4 SALARY SCALE: PGSS7 1.0.5 ARTISAN (CARPENTRY II)-1 POST 1.0.6 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- i. To perform specified craft jobs under supervision;
- ii. To prepare work pieces for further processes;
- iii. To clean working area, machinery, equipment and tools being used;
- iv. To perform minor production works under supervision; and
- v. To perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1.0.7 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Form Four Certificate with Trade Test Grade II or Vocational Certificate Grade II in Carpentry or any other qualification from recognized institution.
1.0.8 SALARY SCALE: PGSS2
2.0 TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY (TCAA)
Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority, (TCAA) was established by the enactment of the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority Act 2003 Cap 80 (R. E 2006) to regulate the Civil Aviation Industry in the United Republic of Tanzania in order to ensure effective implementation of Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) as provided in the Annexes of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). The Authority is also responsible for economic regulation of the activities of persons and institutions providing air transport services and aeronautical airport services. Additionally, the Authority provides air navigation services in Tanzania.
2.0.1 DRIVER II – 1 POST
2.0.2 DUTY STATION- ZANZIBAR (PEMBA)
2.0.3 JOB PURPOSE
To ensure safe transportation of staff, guest and h a n d l i n g deliveries in a timely manner. 2.0.4
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- i . To drive Authority vehicles in line with National traffic laws;
- ii. To make per – vehicle inspections to the assigned vehicle prior to travelling and perform routine service to the vehicle;
- iii. To keep record of vehicle movements, fuel, tyre and distance covered in logbook;
- i v . To report vehicle mechanical defects discovered and physical damage to the Supervisor;
- v . To deliver documents as per delivery order and supervisor’s instructions;
- v i . To keep records of documents delivered to customers;
- v i i . To dispatch letters to respective offices;
- v i i i . To report maintenance schedules to the Supervisor; and
- i x . To perform any other related duties as m a y be a s s i g n e d by i m m e d i a t e supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Certificate of Secondary School Education with passes in Kiswahili and English and Basic Driving Certificate from NIT, VETA or any other accredited Institution with Driving License Class C1 or E and driving experience of at least (1) year without causing an accident. Possession of Trade test grade II will be an added advantage. 2.0.6 PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The candidate must be self-motivated, efficient, committed and able to work under minimum supervision, strong team spirit, ability to interact and work effectively with both team members and superiors and pay respect to directives.
2.0.7 TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The successful candidate will be appointed o n contract for unspecified period.
2.0.8 SALARY SCALE OF TCAA SS.2
- i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years of age;
- ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail, and telephone numbers; Page 4 of 5
- iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- iv. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates; Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts; Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates; Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable); Birth certificate;
- v. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:- Form IV and form VI results slips; Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- vi. An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
- vii. An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
- viii. An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- ix. An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- x. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- xi. Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- xii. An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- xiii. A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, University of Dodoma, Utumishi/Asha Rose Migiro Buildings Dodoma.
- xiv. Deadline for application is 13 January, 2021;
- xv. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and; Page 5 of 5
- xvi. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)