Relationship Officer- Operations at Equity Bank
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Officer- Operations
Reports to: Operations Manager
- Responsible for front and back-office operations
- Ensuring excellent customer service at the branch
- Cash Management
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with customers and gaining customer insights about their businesses.
- Accurately dispense and receive physical cash and other financial instruments including foreign currency
- Ensure 100% compliance to the Bank’s policies and procedures on cash management
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and completeness of customer’s cash and non-cash transactions
- Ensure high customers service standards are maintained as the first contact person between the bank and the customer.
- Ensure strong adherence to AML, KYC policy and BOT prudential guidelines
- Ensure all transactions records are kept meticulously and in accordance with the bank procedures
- Promote bank sales through customer interactions by proactively identifying specific products and services needs and referring the same accordingly
- Ensure risk management in the branch is maintained and issues escalated accordingly.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Remarkable understanding of the bank’s products, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of BOT prudential guideline covering consumer protection
- Expert knowledge; exhibits an outstanding degree of professionalism, integrity, creativity, teamwork, and good relations with both external and internal customers. Displays resourcefulness.
- Commendable customer awareness & focus
- Good Communication and Negotiation Skills.
- High personal standards, goal oriented and with self-initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Academic: Education: Business related from a recognized institution
- Desired work experience: 6 Months or less with experience in Banking / Financial Services or equivalent.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to: [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 17, 2022.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted