Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below.
Job Title: Relationship Manager – Agribusiness
Reports to: Senior Manager – Agribusiness
Recruitment of Agribusiness customers and schemes, Deposit Mobilization, Growth of quality assets and Cross selling of other bank products while maintaining business relationship with existing and new customers in accordance with Bank’s strategic focus
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Growing Loan Portfolio
- Driving agribusiness growth and value through identification and development of new commercial engagements.
- Work with all other related departments within the bank to implement delivery of approved new retail agribusiness deals and propositions
- Building rapport with various AMCOs and agriculture schemes for lead generation and business growth.
- Develop business cases and proposals and monitor the development of portfolio Track sales leads and pipelines to ensure maturity.
- Explore opportunities in the branches and devising strategies for benefits realization.
- Facilitate processing of Agribusiness Customers application as per committed TAT.
- Communicate and review relationship officer’s portfolio performance at branch and devise remedial measures for any deviation from the target.
- Cross selling of all bank products and services to Agribusiness Customers.
- Engage potential Agribusiness customers to secure deposit.
- Support branches to solicit deposits from Agribusiness customers to meet Bank’s deposit targets.
- Manage existing deposit portfolio to ensure retention
- Develop Initiatives to support deposit mobilization strategy.
Portfolio Quality Management
- Overall monitoring of Agribusiness portfolio quality as per monitoring guideline to ensure attainment of set parameters.
- Track delinquent collection to contain migrations.
- Share collection update with respectively supervisor periodically
- Develop and maintain business relationship with existing and potential customers on behalf of the bank.
- Act as bank’s key contact person to Agribusiness customers.
- Initiate and conduct customer engagements such as focus groups, customer forums, workshops and clubs aimed at identifying customer needs, building and strengthen relationships and create loyalty.
Capacity Building Branches
- Nurture and support to relationship officers at branches with necessary skills and support to ensure effective and efficient customer service to Agribusiness customers.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- 2+ Years of relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge in agribusiness with up-to-date understanding of the agriculture sector in Tanzania, farmers’ needs, seasonality, and the wider need for agriculture value chains financing
- Adequate knowledge on bank products and services
- Adequate experience in Agribusiness Credit underwriting and project appraisal.
- Flexibility in working with various environment relating to agricultural activities
- Excellent sales, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with various external stakeholders.
- Ability to organize and conduct stakeholder’s engagements.
- A detailed understanding of banking industry regulation requirements.
- Persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Excellent Presentation and Training skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Agriculture or Economics
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 17, 2022.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.