Operators at Unitrans Tanzania Limited
Unitrans Tanzania Limited currently has the following exciting opportunities at Kilombero and Kilosa Districts, Morogoro Region where is subcontracted for various agricultural operations to the sugar industry. We are currently looking for a suitably, qualified, proactive, and experienced individuals with strong background on their professionals to fill in the following posts.
CHOPPER HARVESTER OPERATORS (10 POSTS)
Minimum requirements, experience, and skills.
Suitable candidates should have the following:
- At least Form 4 education level
- English literate
- Class F & G driver’s license
- At least 3 years operating experience
- Certificate from vocational training collage
- Knowledge of reporting procedures of emergencies and defects
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures
- No previous criminal record
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
The following will also be advantageous:
- Experience with operating Case Austoft 8810 tracked chopper harvester
- Experience with operating agricultural machinery with autosteer and/or in-cab screen for application rate control
- Experience with operating tracked heavy machinery
- Class E drivers’licence
Applicants will be required to:
- Submit contactable references of previous two employers
- Be willing to work shifts (day or night), weekends and public holidays
Duties and Responsibilities
The position will focus primarily on the following:
- Operate Case Austoft 8810 tracked chopper harvester
- Inspect the chopper harvester and sign off to register fuel levels and mechanical readiness of the equipment for the shift’s work before work starts. Sign off the checklist at the end of the shift to register fuel levels and mechanical readiness for the next shift or handover to the next operator.
- Arrange for refuelling whenever necessary and ensure that there is sufficient fuel to resume operations for the next shift.
- Report defects, damage, and faults in the equipment immediately that they become apparent to management.
- Monitor chopper blades closely and adhere strictly to the replacement requirements as instructed.
- Monitor machine maintenance and condition and ensure maintenance cycles are adhered to.
- Ensure hygienic condition and high standards of housekeeping are maintained in the operator’s cab.
- Work with haulage team to reach daily DRD tons (Daily Rated Deliveries)
- Understand and manage risk during harvest operations
- Ensure cane harvest quality is maintained to optimise load yield and tonnage of cut cane.
- Continually monitor and improve harvesting efficiencies.
- Alert harvest manager in the event of any delays or breakdowns
- Follow all reasonable instructions from supervisor
- Handle required documentation
- Adhere to Fatigue Management Rules
- Operate other equipment / yellow machinery as required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply by email their CV’s to [email protected]. Email subject should be the position that you apply.
Deadline of receiving the applications is 15th March 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.