Job Vacancy at MDH Laboratory Scientist (1 Post)
MDH in collaboration with Dar es Salaam City Council; Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils Together with Amana, Mwananyamala and Temeke Regional Referral Hospitals invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts.
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist (1 Post)
Reports to: Facility In-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- resistance and viral load.
- Performing daily QC checks on all laboratory processes and procedures for accurate and reliable test results.
- Performing pre-analytical procedures on all specimens received including but limited to inspections, registration, separation, and storage.
- Performing testing in molecular biology to determine level of HIV drug resistance and amount of HIV virus.
- Performing results analysis and interpretation and indicate in case of critical/panic results
- Preparing samples for shipping according to SOPs.
- Documenting daily operation, recalibration, preventive maintenance services, repair of machines/analyzers using operation, reagents, calibration, maintenance and corrective action logs.
- Troubleshooting minor technical faults in machines using operation manual, document the action, and report to laboratory supervisor.
- Analyzing PT samples/panels received for external quality control program and submit them within deadline.
- Checking and completing all the laboratory results in the Laboratory Information System or register book before validation/verification by a laboratory supervisor.
- Archiving all the source documents after testing in the appropriate files.
- Preparing summary reports of the machines/analyzers at the end of every week and month.
- Performing duty deemed necessary by the lab supervisor including but not limited to training of junior technicians and students.
- Observing all the quality requirements to fully support the laboratory towards accreditation.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in molecular biology or biotechnology.
- Minimum of two years’ experience of working in the HIV drug resistance laboratory settings.
- Laboratory quality management training is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted by 20th December, 2021 to the Human Resources Manager, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail email@example.com.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates.