Carbon Tanzania’s. Is an innovative conservation business whose primary focus is to provide unique skills and interventions that lead to the production and delivery of forest-based carbon offsets. These carbon offsets are generated through the actions of local Tanzanian communities conserving and managing their indigenous trees and forests. Central to Carbon Tanzania’s innovative conservation approach is a fundamental respect for local community land rights.
JOB POSITION: Office Administrator
Carbon Tanzania is looking for a dynamic Office Administrator to work within a growing company. The Office Administrator will be responsible for development and organization of Carbon Tanzania (CT) office operations, procedures, and human resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency in compliance with Tanzania laws. The ideal candidate will ensure CT HR and administrative policies, systems, processes and procedures are implemented and well organised. Experience of working as office administrator or human resources is essential. The Office Administrator will report to the Directors and to the Finance Manager. The position is based in Arusha.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Advise and update HR policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting job ads and managing the hiring process
- Prepare employees and consultants contracts as per Tanzania labour law requirements
- Keep databases in check for consultants time-sheet and update them regularly
- Create tasks and implement office plans
- Assist in performance management processes i.e., Performance Appraisal
- Support the management of any disciplinary and grievance issues
- Create and update databases and records for financial information, personnel and other HR data
- Review employment and working conditions to comply with legal requirements i.e., OSHA etc.
- Assist colleague whenever there is an opportunity to do so
- Open and Close the office
- Supervise cleaning and cleanliness of office space
- Ensure and oversee office security
- Coordinate and oversee all office activities
- Develop and implement office systems, routines and procedures.
- Procure and proper management of office supplies and assets
- Manage all travel, hotel & airport transfers for all employees and other office visitors
- Take minutes, filling event and meeting documentations
- Handle phone calls and all related office correspondence
- Coordinate and participate in office space planning, maintenance and renovations where necessary
- Keep and track record for vehicle servicing and maintenance
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven 10 years or more experience as HR officer or office Administrator
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in computer skills, specifically – MS Office, Excel and HR Systems
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSc/BA in business administration, Human Resources
The contract duration is performance-based with a one-year duration, starting in early Feb 2022. The compensation system will be commensurate with experience and appropriate for the Office Administrator of a small to medium enterprise.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to the email address below.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com