Job Vacancy at Barrick Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD | AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a TSF Civil Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Process Plant Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Process Operations Superintendent
- Responsibilities (To be read in conjunction with Global Industry Standard of Tailings Management (GISTM)) https://globaltailingsreview.org/global-industry-standard/.
- Ensures compliance to All Barrick’s policies and procedures
- Coordinates all efforts through the Accountable Executive for an aligned approach to tailings governance for the Operator.
- Implementing the Tailing Management Standard (TMS) (Section 2.3).
- Establishing the input from appropriate personnel, a budget for approval by the Accountable Executive or persons with delegated budget authority.
- With input from the Accountable Executive or persons with delegated responsibility, establish an organizational structure with roles and responsibilities that meets the operational needs.
- Establish a formal relationship with the EOR and Design Team to ensure that construction and operation meet the design intent and are compliant with legal requirements (Sections 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6).
- Ensure surveillance is undertaken in accordance with design intent, performance objectives and the risk management plan (Section 2.4).
- Ensure the development of the tailings facility closure plan, implementation of progressive reclamation as practicable during the Operations phase, and implementation of the closure plan at the end of the Operations phase (Section 3.7).
- Maintain records related to design, construction and OMS (Section 2.5).
- Ensure inspections (eg dam safety inspections or DSRs) are completed (Section 2.6).
- Review and update the OMS manual (Section 2.4).
- Ensure that emergency response plans are developed, maintained and tested, either as stand-alone plans or as components of sitewide emergency response plans directly related to tailings management (Section 2.7).
- Implement measures to remedy variances from performance objectives or criteria (Section 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7).
- Implement a programme for reviewing tailings safety, including Independent Review (Section 2.6).
- Identify when/where contemplated operational changes are a potential deviation from the design intent and engage the EOR or Design Team as part of the process to manage change (Sections 2.3, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7).
- Participate in or provide input to community engagement activities related to tailings management (Section 2.2.5).
- Review and update documentation on operation and design of dam.
- Search for improved efficiency in the civil earthworks undertaken on the dam.
- Monitor the results of the Vibrating Wire Piezometers installed on the dam.
Recommended: Best Curriculum Vitae Example for 2022
TSF CIVIL ENGINEER Job Vacancy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geo-Mechanical Engineering
- Strong understanding of soil structural characteristics and methods of testing compaction and consolidation.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a Civil Engineer role within the mining industry
- Prior experience in tailings dam project engineering desirable will added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Some level of competency in CAD systems and interpretation of survey results
- Excellent Work Ethics
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable. Ability to make a difference and lasting impact. Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team. Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “TSF CIVIL ENGINEER ” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 13th March 2022
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com