Job Opportunity at PATH
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) at PATH works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to strengthen the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services. Digital Square is one of CoDE’s flagship global initiatives.
It is PATH-led and funded by multiple donors, including USAID and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to advance digitally enabled health services to help close the health equity gap. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of prior investments in digital technologies for international development, Digital Square works with ministries of health to align adaptable, interoperable digital technologies with local health needs and brings partners together to improve how the global community designs, uses, and pays for digital health tools and approaches.
JOB POSITION: Senior Program Assistant for Digital Square team
PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Program Assistant for its Digital Square team. The Senior Program Assistant will support the Senior Project Administrator and Project Manager and provide broad administrative and logistical support to ensure smooth project implementation. This position provides the opportunity to develop project management skills and research experience in a large international NGO while providing essential coordination and support to project staff.
- Communications and Reporting:
- Assist with organizing, formatting, proofreading, and publishing of documents, presentations, tools, reports and other communication materials.
- Ensure project deliverables comply branding and marketing standards of both funder and PATH, as well as alignment with marketing plans.
- Screen internal and external email, phone calls, meeting requests, and other communications for appropriate response and escalation.
- Support coordination of donor reporting and proposal development.
- Scheduling and Logistics:
- Coordinate and facilitate team meetings, webinars, and retreats, including scheduling, compiling and organizing relevant meeting materials, coordinating conference rooms and technology to accommodate remote participation, capturing and disseminating meeting minutes, and tracking action items and follow-up activities, as directed.
- Organize travel, as required.
- Collaborate with PATH Program Assistants to ensure smooth coordination of team schedule and project activities among the different offices.
- Knowledge Management:
- Support development and maintenance of onboarding guides.
- Maintain knowledge management systems and tools.
- Maintain team distribution lists, SalesForce, Smartsheet, and Box permissions to resources and documents.
- Support Project Administrator with reviewing and finalizing RFA documents, creating evaluation documents and providing project management support.
- Track and follow-up on pending procurement requests and approvals.
- Assist with completion of administrative forms, including supply request forms, check requests, and reimbursement forms.
- Upload consultant and subaward documents in SalesForce, creating account and vendor records, and submitting award and amendment requests.
- Create and maintain subaward tracking sheets and other grant management tools.
- Submit payments in SalesForce for approved deliverables and invoices.
- Facilitate after action reviews.
- Advise staff and partners on policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in in public health, international studies, public administration, or related field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in project administrative support, or a combination of equivalent work-related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to edit and proofread documents, such as proposals and research grants. (PATH proofreading exam required in first 6 weeks of employment.)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Team-focused and collegial with the ability to facilitate strong working relationships. Adept at working closely with others over geographical distance and time zones.
- Experience with complex scheduling.
- Ability to learn project management systems/software.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal). Diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, effectiveness under deadlines and ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Job Opportunity at PATH
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.