Our 3.0Mta plant in Mtwara – about 400km from Dar es Salaam – was commissioned in December 2015 and is the largest cement factory in Tanzania.
With about 500 million tonnes of limestone reserves, enough for 149 years, the plant is capable of producing large amounts of high-quality 32.5 and 42.5 grade cements to meet local market needs at competitive prices, as well as surrounding export markets by sea.
Job Opportunity at Dangote Cement Plc
JOB POSITION: Financial Accountant
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly Financial Statements and month end reporting. Participate in the month end closing process and ensure that the process is properly planned and executed to cover all activities of the company. And then prepare accurate and properly analysed monthly financial statements from the general ledger and in the set deadlines. The financial statements must be in accordance with both group guidelines and international financial standards.
- Year Financial Statements. Preparing accurate and properly analysed monthly financial statements and in the set deadlines. The financial statements must be in accordance with both group guidelines and international financial standards. And participate in the year end external audit of the company and in support in ensuring accurate statutory financial statements as audited and released on time.
- Financial Accounting. Ensure reliability and accuracy of the general ledger. In addition, ensure the balance sheet is accurate and properly reflects the business activities, assets, and liabilities and that all relevant reconciliations/counts are up to date. In addition, ensure that intercompany balances are properly controlled and reconciled.
- Provisions/Accruals and Journal Vouchers: Ensuring that provisions and accruals are properly done to reflect the business reality and that all the required journal vouchers are prepared, controlled, approved, and booked timely booked.
- Payment process: Support a sound, effective and efficient payment process including relating to the relevant internal stakeholders involved.
- Fixed assets accounting. Support to ensure accurate fixed assets accounting, accurate fixed assets register and timely capitalization and write off assets.
- Budgeting/MTP & Forecasting. To prepare forecasts as directed by the FC, CFO and/or Group, in accordance with the set templates and standards and within the set deadlines covering balance sheet and cashflow arising from the balance sheet.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to the job holder by the FC and/or CFO, including being the lead in monitoring and reporting on Key Performance indicators (KPIS) of the Finance department
Education and Work Experience
- Graduate or equivalent with at least 4 years’ experience in Finance and/or Audit. Experience in External Audit is an added advantage
- Professional Accountancy qualifications (CPA, ACA, ACCA).
Skills and Behaviours
- Sound understanding of basic computer packages and a good understanding of ERPs, specifically SAP (ability to be developed up within one year on SAP).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with teams across departments.
- Good understanding of our business and the environment it operates in.
- Good business acumen.
- Ability to learn fast
- Able to work under pressure.
- The job holder must have the potential of progressing into a higher role in the department and/or organization.