North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Mine Surveyors to join MRM Team. The successful candidates will be responsible for delivering all survey requirements for underground and surface mining operations as well as onsite/and offsite projects where required, ensuring project and production survey plans are updated and executed according to short and medium-term production planning requests to achieve the mine’s short-term targets with zero injury within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies.
This is a permanent role, reporting to Senior MineSurveyor.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Participate in and provide a strong contribution to the site safety and environment culture.
- Understands mine planning and mining production requirements.
- Understands Project Planning, Civil and Architectural drawings of various projects.
- Supervising and coaching of Survey Technicians and Survey Assistants.
- Responsible of setting out surveys of all engineering, geotechnical and geological designs with minimal supervision.
- Perform Bathymetric survey of Tailing Storage Facility and other water bodies within the mine.
- Complete other duties as required by Senior Mine Surveyor and or other Supervisors.
- Assist Survey Technicians as required in their day-to-day duties.
- Perform End of Month data collection, computation, reconciliation and Reporting.
- Adhere to and improve procedures and practices for Mine surveying.
- Ensure survey data is compiled into correct formats and grid reference systems.
- Provide as-built surveys for all excavations and infrastructure.
- Ensure data is appropriately and safely stored in databases and filing systems.
- Responsible for continuously updating underground and open cut mining plans to meet statutory requirements.
- Manage systems for the lay out and maintenance of survey reference marks both on the surface and underground, for the control of drilling, development, services and production activities.
- Check and control Survey equipment to ensure effectiveness and optimal utilization.
- Develop protocol for the auditing of survey activities undertaken by the Survey Technicians.
- Provide effective on-the-job training and coaching downwards to ensure survey technicians and Survey Assistants gain new skills and attain their maximum potential.
- Ensure that all survey equipment is kept in serviceable condition by carrying out regular checks, and performing user allowed adjustments.
- Fulfill the role of Senior Mine Surveyor during his/her absence.
- Degree in Geomatics or Land Surveying.
Mine Surveyor Assistant Job Vacancy.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Construction Surveyor and/or Mine Surveyor.
- Good experience on Roads, Dams, Buildings and Airstrip construction
- Practical experience in large mining environment preferable in Open pit and Underground
- Excellent safety record.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- A strong knowledge of surveying principles.
- Good experience with modern surveying equipment such Trimble/Leica/Sokkia GNSS receivers and Trimble/Leica Total Station, Drone, Optical level and plummets, Boretrack, and Cavity Monitoring System scanners.
- Strong knowledge of Mining Software such as Surpac, Vulcan, Datamine, AutoCAD 3D, LisCAD, ArcGIS and Microsoft Office package.
- Possession of current and valid Tanzania driving license.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU: A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and benefits.Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.|
|HOW TO APPLY: Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME Indicating the role title “MINE SURVEYOR” in the subject of your email Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com|
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.Please forward applications before 09th March, 2022.BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.|