Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager- Marketing & Communication
Reports to: Marketing & Communication Manager
- Responsible for assisting in all applicable marketing functions which includes, but is not limited to social media marketing, PR, Branding, email marketing, promotions, and graphic designs.
- Execution of corporate communications efforts internally and externally.
- Work with internal, external vendors and partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads specific brand initiatives; proactively executes compelling product, promotional, distribution and communication strategies/action plans to achieve annual sales and profit goals.
- Analyzes data from internal and syndicated sources to monitor marketplace trends and to support strategies to drive the brand.
- Effectively organizes and executes communication with various cross-functional teams within EQBT. Cross-functional team interaction will be a critical component of the position.
- Implement PR strategies as part of holistic marketing plan to achieve the overall business objective.
- Create strategic communication programs, manage, and grow relationships with media and bloggers, handle press releases, and execute press interviews and events to create positive earned coverage.
- Handle corporate sponsorship and the effective utilization of entitlements such as content management and event space.
- Identify and assess suitable sponsorship opportunities that are aligned with marketing objectives.
- Ensure brand identity compliance in overall marketing communications including but not limited to ATL, BTL, digital, events, etc.
- Expand customers reach and boost customer acquisition through promotion of bank’s products and services through different media channels.
- Support in the media planning for new product launches and sustenance programs to ensure efficacy of media spend and advertising impact.
- Manage daily activities of assigned projects
- Maintenance of internal communications files and materialsKNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Keen attention to detail; strong multi-tasking capabilities.
- Must subscribe to and exhibit highest standards of business ethics.
- Knowledge of marketing research (quantitative and qualitative), developing consumer insights, data analysis, and the ability to take insights/concepts to market. Proven ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations from disparate data sources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present to executive level leadership, successfully work with peer group, and communicate with frontline organization.
- Ability to work with speed in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands to quickly deliver customer solutions to market.
- Strong proficiency with PC skills such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Communications, or related field of study required.
Work Experience: A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience preferred in marketing & communication field.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 17, 2022.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.