Senior Data Scientist at NMB Bank | Nafasi za Kazi
Support relevant stakeholders through analytics, and the application of appropriate advanced analytics for the business’ key initiatives.
- Mine, analyze large amounts of data, find hidden patterns and forecast trends and provide reports with recommendations
- Implement advanced analytics use case scenarios for the bank
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Use Data Science techniques/tools to improve processes; Aggregate data from disparate sources
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement.
- Identify new opportunities to apply machine learning to business processes
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that can track key business metrics and provide actionable insights;
- Process, cleanse, and validate the integrity of data; Automate data collection and management process
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Innovate new modeling techniques and procedures to existing business problems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong mathematical & numeracy skills
- Understanding of reporting & data visualizations tools
- Understanding of ETL framework and tools
- Excellent analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Strong data analysis skills
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Strong coding skills, such as R, Python or Scala
- Advanced level proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience with big data platforms and tools including Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark and MapReduce
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with database management, data warehousing, data modeling and data visualization tools.
- Experience in data mining & machine learning algorithms and their implementations
- Experience with manipulating large data sets
- Experience in financial services especially in Banking is a bonus
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted for this role.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.